Our mission is to train and educate dancers both at recreational and pre-professional levels and to provide an accessible resource for students, teachers and the wider community. ZoNa Dance Company offers a carefully structured non-competitive dance course, providing the students with a foundation education in classical dance which will equip dancers for the potential to pursue third level dance training.
The Goals of the School
- To provide in a caring environment; fun, inspirational, positive, artistic, physical and academic dance training, offering all students of the School a positive learning experience that is constantly monitored for potential improvement.
- To foster the individual to dream and take controlled risk in order to attain their personal goals and build confidence.
- To offer students as many opportunities to perform as possible.
- To ensure that the students have close practical and artistic access to professional dance and professional dance artists through workshops, shows and master classes.
- Strive to expand the national exposure of the students of the School, by participating in national and international shows, festivals, performances and events.
- To foster in the students responsiveness, the capacity for self-appraisal, and a sense of wonder and delight.
- To provide an excellent preparation for dance life for the students. Teach a holistic self-care for dancers, including physical care of the body, nutrition and positive mindset.
- To maintain a clean and aesthetically pleasing studio facility to enhance the teaching and learning opportunities for the students.
Inspire children and adults to love the art of dance and movement. Foster a curiosity and wonderment to explore classical dance movement in a safe and open environment.